Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Something Old, Something New

We are moving to New Orleans in 19 days. I cannot believe we are about to uproot our entire life and start a new one together. There are so many things to be happy about. There are so many things to sad about. I am not sure I will ever make the kind of friends like I have here in Boston. For 12 years P & A have been like a family to me...a surrogate brother and sister. I know that no new friends will ever replace these dear old ones, and I hope that gives them peace. Their six children have been a niece and nephews for me. I love them like my own and cannot wait until they are old enough to visit Auntie Michelle, who, much like Monica Bing, will "always have gum"... I hope they will always feel my love for them, no matter how far apart we are...seven and five :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails